All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. This project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
[1.1.0.RC] - 2017-05-01¶
- #368 Updates to organisation handling in OCDS - We have updated the approach to include organization information in the standard from having embedded blocks of organization information, to using embedded cross-references to a top-level ‘parties’ array where full organisation details are stored. This change reduces duplication of organization information, and enables more flexible disclosure of information on all the parties to a contracting process, including multiple buyers.
- #357 Amendment handling - We have replace amendment with an array of amendments, and have updated schema and guidance to remove the option of providing semi-structured changes in an amendment object. Changes between amendments should now be provided using multiple releases, with the option to explicitly declare how releases relate to an amendment included in the new amendements array.
Schema validation updates¶
- #329 Float for Item.quantity - Item quantities has been updated to ‘number’ to support decimal values (e.g 10.5 rather than just 10)
- #253 Negative amounts - We have added support for negative amounts in transactions
- #323 Standard should specify use of UTF-8 for encoding JSON - We now recommend use of I-JSON and UTF-8 for JSON publication
- #166 Indicate encoding for CSV serializations - We have added information on CSV encoding to the implementation guidance to recommend UTF-8 or windows-1252.
- #336 Codelist properties in schema - We have included explicit references to the codelist files (CSV versions) in the schema. This will be used in future versions of the validator to support validation against codelists.
- #301 Specifying versions and extensions in package meta-data - We have updated the package schemas to require that version is declared, and to provide a means of declaring extensions in use. This will be used in future versions of the validator to support validation against extensions.
- #287 Remove all ocdsMerge strategies - We have remove all ‘merge strategies’ from the schema as these are no longer required, now that all objects in arrays contain an id element.
Schema definition updates¶
- #372 Updates to transactions terminology - We have replaced recieverOrganization and providerOrganization with payee and payer, to align with more familiar terminology, and have replaced ‘amount’ with ‘value’ for consistency with other areas of the standard.
- #378 Updates to core budget block - We have updated references to the Fiscal Data Package in the schema.
- #337 Definition of “tenderer” to enhance clarity - We have updated the definition of tenderer in the tenders block, and cross-referenced the bid extension.
- #259 Enquiries - We have updated the definition of hasEnquiries.
- #246 In what scope must a release ID be unique? - We have updated the definition of release.id to reflect the scope in which it must be unique
Closed codelist updates¶
- #201 Tender status - New ‘pipeline’ and ‘withdrawn’ codes have been introduced to the tenderStatus codelist.
- #380 Procurement method - A new code for ‘direct’ has been added the procurementMethod codelist
- #373 Milestone status - We have updated the milestoneStatus codelist with a ‘scheduled’ entry and revised definitions
- #297 Currency codelist external link - We have fixed the external link for currency codelists to refer to the official ISO source.
Open codelist updates¶
- #386 Document type - New codes have been added to the documentType codelist, and definitions of codes updated.
- #322 Submission Method Codelist - The submissionMethod codelist has been updated
- #387 Codelist updates: Item Classification Scheme - New entries have been added to the itemClassificationScheme codelist
- #385 Codelist updates: awardCriteria - Revising the awardCriteria codelist, with all existing codes deprecated and a new set of codes introduced.
- #371 Linking related processes - We have introduced a new RelatedProcess block at the release and contract level
- #374 Duration in periods - We have introduced fields for duration in days, and maximum extent, to the period building block
- #374 Contract and Award Periods in Tender - We have introduced contract period in tender and updated the definition of award period.
- #376 Contract type (supplies, works and services) - We have introduced a procurementCategory field to specify whether contracts are for supplies, works, services, consultancyServices or mixed
- #373 Milestone types - We have introduced the milestoneType property and codelist
- #366 Unit of Measure - additional fields and codelist - We have introduced a structured classification for unitOfMeasure on each item, with a recommendation to use UNCEFACT.
- #335 Core and community extensions - We have introduced widespread use of extensions throughout the standard. An extension provides fields and data structures that are optional, either because (a) they are only relevant in particular contexts or contracting processes; or (b) they represent a ‘stretch goal’ for most data publishers, and so are not currently suitable for inclusion in the main standard. We divide these extensions into ‘core extensions’ which have wide enough relevance, and technical maturity to be included in the main standard documentation (and which are versioned along with the standard documentation), and ‘community extensions’ which may have less technical maturity, or which might be versioned independently of the main standard.
- #259 Enquiries - We have introduced a core enquiries extension for providing information on enquiries received during the tender stage.
- #342 Overall contracting process description - We have introduced a new top-level title and description for the contracting process as a core extension.
- #274 New property of contract: extendsContractID - We have introduced a new field ‘extendsContractID’ to the Contract block to support contract cross-referencing between contracts.
- #381 Lots - We have introduced a core extension to provide a model for contracting processes which are divided into lots.
- #379 Bids and Bid Statistics - We have introduced a core extension which provides a top level Bids section, with BidStatistics and Bid building blocks for detailed information on individual bids. This superceds the current tender/tenderers section.
- #250 Location extension - We have moved the location extensions to become a core extension
- #33 Participation fees (bid document and submission costs) - We have introduced a core extension for declaring the participation fees related to a contracting process.
- #249 Extend contract with a supplier array - We have introduced a core extension to allow inclusion of supplier information at the contract level.
- #355 Deprecating milestone documents - We have deprecated milestone documents from core, and added a milestone documents extension for those who wish to continue to use documents at the milestone level.
- #368 Updates to organisation handling in OCDS - We have deprecated use of the full organisation block at points other than the parties array.
- #372 Updates to transactions terminology - recieverOrganization, providerOrganization and amount properties have been deprecated in favour or other terms.
[1.0.2] - 2016¶
- Added titles to all fields in the documentation (#362)
- Missing field
procurementMethodDetailsadded to schema (#221)
- Typo fix in releaseTag (#391)
- Fixing links to Fiscal Data Package (#271)
- Description for
- Fixed definition of
- Updated documentation to refer to ‘Object’ not ‘Reference’ for fields (#228)
- Removed the old Spanish documentation translations folders from
- Added CSV download links for registered OCIDs, and publication levels
- Updated publication levels spreadsheet to reflect version 1.0.2
[1.0] - 2015-07-29¶
awardto allow the anticipated period of a contract to be recorded, without requiring the creation of a contract block. Discussed in #199
- Updated codelists
- Minor documentation fixes.